The main differences between the pneumatic motor and the motor
Pneumatic motor is that pneumatic actuator converts the pressure energy of compressed gas into mechanical energy and produces rotating motion in pneumatic transmission. Its function is equivalent to the motor or hydraulic motor, that is, the output torque is used to drive the mechanism to rotate. The commonly used pneumatic motor is the volume pneumatic motor, which makes use of the volume change of the working cavity to do the work, vane type, piston type and gear type.
1. A small volume can produce high power.
2. It has the characteristic of high adaptability and small temperature rise, and speed can be changed with the load, until overload shutdown without any damage to the pneumatic motor, so a lower safety factor can be considered when choosing.
3. Quick start and urgent shutdown, which is especially suitable for frequent start-up, and easy to change.
4. Simple stepless speed regulation with from zero to maximum is flexible to operate.
5. The starting torque is large and the energy band is started.
6. The structure is simple and the service life of pneumatic motor is very long.
7. It not affected by the external environment, even in the water, dusty, moist, dirty and other harsh environments, because the internal pressure of the pneumatic motor is higher than that of the external.
8. The safety, explosion-proof and pneumatic motors do not generate risk factors such as sparks, overheating, explosion, short-circuit (electric), etc., and are especially suitable for environments with flammable and explosive materials or high temperature, such as stirring of solvents, paints, chemicals and the like.
The above points are the main advantages of pneumatic motor compared with motor, and also the reason why pneumatic motor is used in many industrial fields. The disadvantages of pneumatic motor are low output power, large gas consumption, low efficiency, large noise, and easy to produce vibration.