Selection of diaphragm springs
1. Because the diaphragm spring has ideal non-linear characteristics, the spring pressure can be kept almost unchanged in the wear range of the friction disc, so that the clutch can keep its ability of transmitting torque unchanged in use. When the clutch is separated, the spring pressure does not increase as the cylindrical spring, but decreases, thereby reducing the pedal force.
2. Diaphragm spring acts as both compression spring and separation lever, making the structure simple and compact, with small axial size, fewer parts and small mass.
3. When rotating at high speed, the compression force decreases little and the performance is stable, while the compression force of cylindrical spring decreases obviously.
4. Because the diaphragm spring has large cross-section ring contact with the pressure plate, the pressure distribution is uniform, and the wear of the friction plate is uniform, which can improve the service life.
5. It is easy to achieve good ventilation and heat dissipation, long service life.
6. It has good balance.
7. It is conducive to mass production and reduce manufacturing costs.
The manufacturing process of diaphragm spring is complex, which requires high material quality and dimensional accuracy. Its non-linear characteristics are difficult to control in production. Cracks are easy to occur at the opening and wear easily at the end. In recent years, due to the improvement of material properties and the gradual improvement of manufacturing technology and design methods, the manufacture of diaphragm springs has become increasingly mature.
I am looking forward to visiting Transmission Exhibition.