Things to pay attention to when installing oil-free bearings
1. It should be determined whether there are any injuries, protrusions, etc. on the mating faces of the shaft center and the shaft shell.
2. Whether dust or mold sand is attached to the surface of the bearing shell.
3. Although it is a slight impact, protrusion, etc., if it is to be removed with oil grindstone or fine sandpaper.
4. To avoid bumps during loading, apply a small amount of lubricant to the surface of the shaft and shaft housing. To install the bearing on the shaft, apply force to the inner ring. When mounting the bearing to the bearing housing, apply force to the outer ring. When applying force on the bearing, be careful to make the force vertical and even down. The partial stroke will cause the bearing to be injured. For this reason, we absolutely try to avoid partial hits.
5. The retainer of the oil-free bearing and the sealing plate must not be applied at all. The method of installing the hammer and the bushing is a commonly used method, because the bearing will be damaged, so do not hit it directly. Be sure to tap the sleeve in the middle as shown in the figure. The hammer should be tapped lightly. In the mechanical construction, when the inner and outer rings are tightly fitted, the pad should be used, so that the force can be applied to the inner and outer rings at the same time. If only the inner ring is pressed in, the force will push the ball into the outer ring, so it will cause scratches on the track surface. When a bearing with a large margin is mounted on a shaft, a method of heating the bearing to 80 to 90 degrees in a clean oil and expanding the inner diameter to be mounted is widely used.
6. The hardness of the bearing is reduced due to overheating, so it must not exceed 100 degrees. At this time, the bearing must be suspended by wire or placed on the wire and on the support plate. Do not place it on the bottom of the groove. When the bearing reaches the desired temperature (less than 100 degrees), it should be taken out of the groove immediately and quickly put into the shaft. The bearing will shrink with the temperature drop. Sometimes there will be a gap between the shoulder and the end face of the bearing. Therefore, A tool is required to press the bearing in the axial direction.
Reprinted from the network