How to prevent the motor from burning up during operation
1. Always keep the motor clean. During operation, the motor is not allowed to have dust, water stains and other debris at least 3 meters around the air inlet to prevent the inside of the motor from being drawn, short-circuiting medium, or damage to the wire insulation. Short circuit, current increases, temperature rises and the motor burns out. Therefore, to ensure that the motor has sufficient insulation resistance, as well as a good ventilation and cooling environment, the motor can maintain a safe and stable working state during long-term operation.
2. Keep the motor running at rated current. The motor is overloaded. The main reason is that the drag is too large, the voltage is too low, or the driven mechanical jam is caused. If the overload time is too long, the motor will absorb a large amount of active power from the power grid, the current will increase sharply, and the temperature will also rise. At high temperature, the insulation of the motor will age and burn out.
Therefore, in the operation of the stepper motor, it is necessary to pay attention to whether the operation of the transmission device is flexible and reliable; whether the concentricity of the coupling is standard; the flexibility of the gear transmission, etc., if there is a stuck card phenomenon, it should be immediately shut down to find out the cause. Run it after troubleshooting.
3. Always check whether the three-phase current of the motor balances the three-phase asynchronous motor. The difference between the current of any one-phase current of the three-phase current and the average value of the other two-phase currents is not allowed to exceed 10%, so as to ensure the safe operation of the motor. If it exceeds, it indicates that the motor is faulty, and it is necessary to find out the cause and eliminate it in time.
4. Check the temperature of the motor. Always check the temperature of the bearing, stator, casing and other parts of the motor for abnormal changes. Especially for motors without voltage, current and frequency monitoring and without overload protection, monitoring the temperature rise is more important. If the motor bearing is overheated and lacks oil, if it is found that the temperature rise near the bearing is too high, it should be stopped immediately. Whether the bearing rolling element and the raceway surface are cracked, scratched or damaged, whether the bearing clearance is excessively shaken, and whether the inner ring rotates on the shaft or the like. In the case of any of the above phenomena, the bearings must be renewed before they can be reworked.
5. Observe whether the motor has vibration, noise and abnormal odor. If the motor vibrates, it will cause the load part connected to it to increase in different degrees of heart, and the motor load will increase. If the motor is overloaded, the motor will be burnt. Therefore, in the operation of the motor, especially the high-power motor, it is necessary to check whether the anchor bolt, the motor end cover, the bearing gland, etc. are loose, the grounding device is reliable, and the problem is solved in time. Noise field sound and odor are precursors to the abnormal operation of the motor and serious faults. It must be discovered at any time to find out the cause and eliminate it.
6. Guarantee the normal operation of the starting equipment The technical state of the starting equipment of the motor plays a decisive role in the normal starting of the motor. Practice has proved that the vast majority of burned motors are mostly caused by improper starting of the equipment. If the starting device has a phase loss start, the contactor contacts are arced, fired, etc. The maintenance of the starting equipment is mainly clean and fast. If the contactor contact is not clean, the contact resistance will increase, causing the heat to burn out the contact, causing the phase loss and burning the motor; the core of the contactor suction coil is rusted and dusty, which will cause the coil to be loosely sucked and occurs. Strong noise, increase coil current, burn the coil and cause malfunction.
Therefore, the electrical control cabinet should be located in a dry, ventilated and easy to operate location with regular dust removal. Always check whether the contactor contacts, coil cores, and various wiring screws are reliable, and the mechanical parts are flexible, so that they maintain a good technical state, thus ensuring smooth start-up without burning the motor.
Reprinted from the network