Pneumatic motor is also known as pneumatic motor, which is a device that converts the pressure energy of compressed air into rotating mechanical energy. It is generally used as a rotating power source for more complex devices or machines. Pneumatic motors are classified by structure as: blade pneumatic motors, piston pneumatic motors, compact blade pneumatic motors, compact piston pneumatic motors. The pneumatic motor is lighter and more convenient to transport than the motor which plays the same role as the pneumatic motor, and because the working medium is air, there is no need to worry about causing fire, and the pneumatic motor can stop automatically when it overloaded and kept balance with the supply pressure.
A pneumatic actuator that converts the pressure energy of a compressed gas into mechanical energy and produces rotational motion in pneumatic transmission. The commonly used pneumatic motor is the volumetric pneumatic motor, which uses the change of the volume of the working chamber to work, which is divided into blade type, piston type and gear type. Its function is equivalent to an electric motor or a hydraulic motor. The output torque is driven by the mechanism to rotate.
The main differences between pneumatic motors and motors (or motors) are following.
1. Small volume can generate high power.
2. High adaptability, small temperature rise. Rotational speed can be changed with the load, until overload shut down without any damage to the pneumatic motor, so the choice can consider the use of a lower safety factor.
3. Emergency start and emergency stop. It is especially suitable for frequent startup occasions, and commutation is very easy.
4. Simple stepless speed regulation. From zero to maximum is flexible operation.
5. The starting torque is large and can be carried on load.
6. The structure is simple, and the service life of the pneumatic motor is very long.
7. It do not be affected by the external environment, even in the water, dusty, humid, dirty and other adverse environment, because the internal pressure of pneumatic motor is greater than the external pressure.
8. Safety and explosion-proof. Pneumatic motor does not produce sparks, overheating, explosion, short circuit (electricity) and other risk factors. It is especially suitable for combustible and explosive substances or high temperature environment, such as solvent, paint, chemicals, etc.